Rust-Oleum Automotive High Heat Spray Paint is a tough enamel aerosol coating that is mainly manufactured for the automotive high-temp surfaces such as silencer, engine, exhaust manifolds, headers, etc. The high-heat enamel spray paint is ideal for all vehicle engine surfaces including cars and bikes. Also, it is suitable for other automotive parts subjected to intermittent heat up to 1093°C or 2000°F. The product is offered in a wide range of color palette so that it can match your existing paint scheme. Also, the Rustoleum high temp spray paint comes with an advanced spray facility that enables you to comfortably spray at any angle and even upside down in those difficult to reach areas.
More Qualities of Rustoleum High Heat Spray Paint
Excellent resistant towards chipping and peeling.
Good resistant to oil, gas, grease, rust, solvents and humidity.
Ideal for every automotive extra-hot exhaust manifolds, headers, etc.
A single cane is enough for painting 6-10 sq-ft of area.
Long lasting finish.
Keep In Mind: Keep out of the reach of children. Harmful if inhaled or swallowed. Never use this product near any ignition sources.
Featured Video of Rust-Oleum High Heat Spray Paint Application
Steps to apply Rustoleum High Heat Spray Paint Effectively
#Step 1: Surface preparation is essential to ensure quality outcome. You can use the following for surface preparation.
1) Wash the surface thoroughly with a commercial detergent, or other suitable cleaning methods to remove all dirt, grease, oil, salt and chemical contaminants.
2) Rinse with fresh water.
3) Let the surface dry thoroughly.
4) Remove loose paint and rust with a wire brush or sandpaper.
5) Scarify the surface by sanding to create a good surface profile.
#Step 2: Even if surface pre-treatment are carried out appropriately, improper environmental circumstances might affect the paint results. So you must check environmental conditions before spraying the paints over the object. Take care of the following.
1) Ensure a proper ventilation in the paint area.
2) The temperature between 50°F (10°C) and 90°F (32°C) is suitable for applying the paint.
3) Humidity less than 85% is effective for letting proper dry the painted surface.
4) Do not use on metal directly exposed to flames.
5) Avoid very windy and dusty condition.
6)Cover surrounding area to keep safe from spray mist.
#Step 3: Consider the below mentioned instructions to avoid encounter with sudden injuries.
1) Shake aerosol cane vigorously for one minute and make sure mixing ball begins to rattle.
2) If not, “do not strike spray-can. Contact Rust-Oleum”.
3) Keep the cane in motion while spraying.
4) Hold the can upright 10-16” from the surface and spray in a steady back and forth motion.
5) Apply 2 or more light coats a few minutes apart to avoid runs and sags.
6) Do not use near open flame.
Properties of Rust-Oleum Automotive High Heat Spray Paint
Varies with Color
Aromatics and Ketones
Practical Coverage at Recommended DFT
6-10 sq. ft./can
312 Grams and 340 Grams
Recommended Dry Film Thickness (DFT) Per Coat
0.5-1.0 mils (12.5-25µ)
Dry Times at 70-80°F (21-27°C) and 50% Relative Humidity