Rust-Oleum Automotive Metal Coat Spray Paint provides glossy, smooth and an anodized finish to metallic surfaces. Though the paint is specially formulated for the automotive surfaces, it can also be applied on the surfaces whose intermittent temperature reaches up to 260°C. Furthermore, this product is good for both exterior and interior metal surfaces such as wheels, oil pans, brake calipers, etc. The spray paint claims to deliver the best results on chrome or shiny metal surfaces however, the similar outcomes can also be obtained for other surfaces just by employing ground coat color as a base flake. The approximate takes 1 hour for the paint to dry completely. Also, once dried, it can be recoated at any time which makes it very convenient to use.
NOTE: It is not allowed to send this item through air mode. Surface mode is enabled for the same. Thus, shipping will be done through surface.
Features of Metallic Speck Spray Paint:-
- Very easy to use as the paint is available in aerosol cane.
- Rust preventive.
- Paint 10-12 sq-ft of area with a single cane.
- Good resistant towards gas, oil, solvents, humidity.
- Create a high-gloss, smooth and anodized look for a unique metal appearance.
Keep In Mind: 1. Apply all coats within an hour with 10 minutes of time interval. Harmful if contact with skin. May cause skin and eye irritation, so keep out of reach of children.
Step by step guide of using Rust-Oleum Automotive Metal Coat Spray Paint
#Step 1: Prepare metal surface perfectly before spraying the paint. You can get helps from the following points.
1) Prepare metal surface perfectly before spraying the paint. You can get helps from the following points.
2) Further wash the surface with clean water and dry it with a clean cloth.
3) Use Rust-Oleum Wax and Tar Remover to wipe out wax and grease
4) Gently scuff the area with a scotch bride pad or equivalent
5) Remove loose paint and rust with a wire brush or sandpaper
#Step 2: Apply the paint in suitable environmental circumstances. Take care of the followings.
1) Apply the paint in the area where there is proper ventilation.
2) The temperature should be in between 50°F (10°C) and 90°F (32°C).
3) Make sure that the Humidity is less than 85% to ensure proper drying.
4) Do not apply the paint over surface when temperature exceeds 260°C.
5) Avoid very windy and dusty condition.
6) Cover surrounding area to keep safe from spray mist
#Step 3: Have a look at the below-mentioned points to effectively use the spray cane.
1) Make sure mixing ball begins to rattle by shaking aerosol cane vigorously for one minute.
2) If not, “do not strike spray-can. Contact Rust-Oleum”.
3) Apply two light coats followed by one medium wet coats for better appearance.
4) Apply all coats within an hour with 10 minutes of a gap between each coat.
5) Shake the cane often while spraying.
6) Hold the can upright 10-16” from the surface and spray in a steady back and forth motion
7) Do not use near open flame.
Properties of Metal Coat Spray Paint Spray
|Pigment Type||Organic Pigment Dispersions|
|Solvents||Acetone, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Toluene|
Recommended Dry Film
Thickness (DFT) Per Coat
|1.0-2.0 mils (25-50µ)|
at Recommended DFT
Dry Times at 70-80°F
(21-27°C) and 50% Relative Humidity
|1 hour and re-coat any-time|
|Dry Heat Resistance||500°F (260°C)|
|Shelf Life||5 years|
|Flash Point||-156°F (-104°C)|
|Safety Information||For additional information, see MSDS|
|Technical Data Sheet||Click here|