Rust-Oleum Automotive Fabric and Vinyl Spray Paint is the perfect solution to refresh or change the interior of your vehicle. It can be used for restoring the color of upholstery, simulating leather. Also, it can be used for reviving other interior fitments of your vehicle such as dashboard, shifter boots, door panels, floor mats, center console, seats etc. The fabric spray paint has an excellent adhesion that doesnt rub off, crack or peel easily. Also, this automotive paint features an advanced spray system that allows you to spray at any angle, even on the areas where it is quite hard to paint with open hands and other machines. Going by the technical data sheet from Rust-Oleum, a single aerosol cane is capable enough to paint 10-12 sq-ft of an area.
NOTE: It is not allowed to send this item through air mode. Surface mode is enabled for the same. Thus, shipping will be done through surface.
Specialities of Fabric and Vinyl Spray Paint
- Dries to the touch fast.
- Suitable for fabric, simulated leather and vinyl.
- It can be used for a dash, seat upholstery, door panels, etc.
- Encompass outstanding adhesion property
- Any-angle spray feature.
- Comfort-tip spray nozzle.
NOTE: Keep out of reach of children. Dangerous if swallowed or inhaled. Dont forget to read instructions before use.
See How Rustoleum Fabric and Vinyl Spray Paints Works
Best Practices to Use Rust-Oleum Automotive Fabric and Vinyl Spray Paint
#Step 1:- Dont go forward without cleaning the surface. Check-out the following points for surface pre-treatment.
- Use soap and water to clean surface perfectly.
- Do not apply oil, conditioner and other coatings over the surface.
- In cases surface was previously treated with these coatings, use either Rust-Oleum Paint Prep Wipe or mineral spirits to wipe them off entirely
- Make sure all residual coatings have been removed from the surface.
- Dry thoroughly.
#Step 2:- Consideration of environmental circumstances is important. Read on the following points:
- Use in a proper ventilated area.
- For best results, it is need to be applied when temperature is in between 10°C and 32°C.
- Humidity below 85% ensures proper drying.
- Do not spray paint when temperature is more than 93°C or over the galvanized metal.
- Avoid windy and dusty conditions.
- Cover the surrounding area to protect from spray mist.
#Step 3:- Follow the below mentioned guidelines for getting effective result as well as to avoid any accident.
- Make sure that mixing balls starts to rattle, by shaking aerosol cane vigorously for 60 seconds, if not, “do not strike spray-cane and Contact Rust-Oleum”.
- Dont forget to keep the cane in motion while spraying.
- Keep the cane upright 10-16” from the surface and spray in a steady back and forth motion.
- Use multiple coats over the surface instead of using a heavy one.
- Dont use this near ignition sources.
Properties of Rust-Oleum Automotive Fabric and Vinyl Spray Paint
|Recommended Dry Film
Thickness (DFT) per Coat
|1.0-2.0 mils (25-50µ)|
|Practical Coverage at Recommended
DFT (assumes 15% material loss)
|10-12 sq. ft./can|
|Dry Times at 70-80F
(21-27°C) and 50% Relative Humidity
|10 minutes to touch, re-coat after 1 hour
and 24 hours to fully dry
|Resin Type||Acrylic Modified Vinyl Resin Solution|
|Pigment Type||Varies with color|
|Solvents||Acetone, Ketones and Aromatic Hydrocarbons|
|Dry Heat Resistance||200°F (93°C)|
|Flash Point||-156°F (-104°C)|
|Shelf Life||5 Years|
|Safety Information||For additional information, see MSDS|
|Technical Data Sheet||Click here|