The engine of your vehicle plays a very significant role in converting fuel energy to mechanical motion that allows the vehicle to move ahead. Also, the engine generates tremendous amount of heat while it is being operated and hence you must take care of it. Rust-Oleum Engine Enamel Spray Paint can help you in taking care of your engine. This is a special auto engine paint which is manufactured to provide a long-lasting factory-fresh finish to your vehicle. This high temperature engine paint protects your engine from the harmful effect of heat, oil, gas, grease, rust, salt, solvents, and humidity. It is made for manufactured for the cars’, bikes’ as well as other automotive engines. Rust Oleum Engine Enamel Spray resists high-heat up to 260°C and gives a smooth finish to your engine surface. This forms a long-lasting coating that keeps out chipping and peeling offering an enduring finish. Interestingly, a single spray can is well-enough to paint 10-12 sq.ft of an area.
NOTE: It is not allowed to send this item through air mode. Surface mode is enabled for the same. Thus, shipping will be done through surface.
Specialities of Engine Enamel Spray Paint
- Ideal to use for car, bike and other vehicle engines.
- Prevents engine surface from being damaged.
- Resists oil, gas, grease, rust, salt, solvents, and humidity.
- Good for engine surface that gets heated up to 260° C.
- Provides durable finish.
- Excellent coverage.
Keep in Mind: Keep out of reach of children. May cause skin, eye respiratory tract irritation, so use proper mask, hand gloves and eyeglasses. Harmful if inhaled or swallowed.
Featured Video of Automotive Engine Enamel Spray Paint Application
How to Guides for Using Rust-Oleum Engine Enamel Spray Paint
#Step 1:- Surface pre-treatment is an essential first-stage function before the application of any coating. It enables you to apply paint effectively over an object. Follow the below mentioned points for surface preparation.
- Use wire brush or sandpaper to remove loose paint and rust.
- Lightly sand smooth and glossy surfaces.
- Wash the surface with a detergent or other suitable cleaning method. You may use Krud Kutter Cleaning Chemical for the same.
- Clean the surface with water and dry with a clean towel.
- Let it dry completely.
#Step 2:- Check and confirm the proper environmental circumstances before spraying the paint over an object. Take care of the following points.
- Proper ventilation is essential to avoid inhale or swallow
- Confirm that the temperature is between 50°F (10°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Make sure that the humidity is not above than 85% to ensure proper drying.
- The temperature should not be above 93°C or galvanized metal.
- Avoid spraying in windy and dusty conditions.
- Cover the surrounding area to protect from spray mist.
#Step 3:- You also need to know about the product to ensure its safe use and avoid sudden injuries. Read on the followings.
- Make sure that no ignition source near the spray area as it is flammable.
- Shake aerosol cane vigorously for 60 seconds and make sure mixing balls commence to rattle.
- If not, “do not strike spray-can. Contact Rust-Oleum”.
- Shake the cane periodically while spraying.
- Hold the can upright 10-16” from the surface and spray in a steady back and forth motion.
- Use multiple coats over the engine surface instead of using a heavy one.
For further information, feel free to ask question or contact us.
Properties of Automotive Engine Enamel Spray Paint
|Resin Type||Modified Alkyd|
|Pigment Type||Varies with color|
|Solvents||Acetone and Aromatic Hydrocarbons|
at Recommended DFT
|Fill Weight||312 Grams and 340 Grams|
Recommended Dry Film
Thickness (DFT) Per Coat
|1.5-2.5 mils (37.5-62.5µ)|
Dry Times at 70-80°F
(21-27°C) and 50% Relative Humidity
|20 minutes to touch and 1 hour to re-coat|
|Shelf Life||5 years|
|Flash Point||-156°F (-104°C)|
|Safety Information||For additional information, see MSDS|
|For More Information||See TDS|