Rust-Oleum Automotive Acrylic Lacquer Spray Paint is a premium formulation which is manufactured to provide a lustrous, durable finish to cars, bikes, vehicles, and other auto accessories. It makes painting easier, faster and cleaner than ever before and provides the professional finish to metal surface. Also, the aerosol paint has an excellent adhesion to bare metal. Once applied, it can be machine or hand buffed in order to add the extra glossier. Acrylic lacquer auto spray paint features a state of the art spray system that enables you to spray at every angle even upside down for those areas that are hard enough to reach. It comes with a comfort spray tip and a wider finger pad that reduces fatigue caused by continuous spraying.
Qualities of Acrylic Lacquer Spray Paint
- Premium Automotive Coating that offers a professional finish.
- Dries quickly.
- Superior adhesion to the surface.
- Easy Re-Coat
- Interior & exterior durability
Keep in mind: Do not apply Rust-Oleum Acrylic Lacquer over existing air-dried enamel paints. Make sure no ignition sources are near the spray area. Wear protective gloves, clothing, mask, eyeglasses
Ultimate Guide to Use Rust-Oleum Automotive Acrylic Lacquer Spray Paint
#Step 1:- Surface preparation is the key factor that determines the failure or success of a paint job. So prepare metal surface perfectly before spraying the paint. You can adopt the following instructions
- Remove old paint and rust with a wire brush or sandpaper.
- Lightly sand the glossy surface.
- Clean the surface with soap and water.
- Dry Completely.
#Step 2:- Before you start to apply the paint over the object, check the proper environmental circumstances. You can get help by the following points.
- Apply the paint in the area where there is proper ventilation.
- Make Sure that the temperature is between 50°F (10°C) and 90°F (32°C).
- Confirm that the humidity is less than 85% to ensure proper drying.
- The temperature should not be above 93°C.
- Avoid spraying in windy and dusty conditions.
- Cover the surrounding area to protect from spray mist.
#Step 3:- Follow the below-mentioned points in order to effectively use the spray-cane.
- Shake aerosol cane vigorously for 60 seconds and make sure mixing ball begins to rattle.
- If mixing ball fails to rattle, “do not strike spray-can. Contact Rust-Oleum”.
- Shake the cane often while spraying.
- Hold the can upright 10-16” from the surface and spray in a steady back and forth motion.
- Slightly overlap each stroke.
- Use multiple coats over the surface instead of using a heavy one.
- Dont use this near ignition sources.
Properties of Rust-Oleum Automotive Acrylic Lacquer Spray Paint
|Weight||340 Grams and 312 Grams (Clear)|
|Recommended Dry Film
Thickness (DFT) per Coat
|1.0-2.0 mils (25-50µ)|
|Practical Coverage at Recommended
DFT (assumes 15% material loss)
|8-10 sq. ft./can|
|Dry Times at 70-80F
(21-27°C) and 50% Relative Humidity
|20 minutes to touch and re-coat|
|Pigment Type||Varies with color|
|Solvents||Acetone and Aromatic Hydrocarbons|
|Flash Point||-156°F (-104°C)|
|Shelf Life||5 Years|
|Safety Information||For additional information, see MSDS|
|Technical Data Sheet||Click here|