Whether you are making your dream home or making a perfect workplace, you will have to open the doors of your chest box in which you keep your years of savings. Moreover, you may need to take loan from bank. Apart from the need of money, you will also need time and energy for keeping eyes on workers/labors to ensure tasks are being done properly or not. Who wants to face issues like moistures in basement, growth of mildew on exterior walls, roof leakage etc.? No one! Everyone wants to be several miles away from such issues. If you also want to be away then you must consider waterproofing during constructions. In this blog, you will learn useful tips and tricks that you can adopt for waterproofing during constructions.
Problem: Most of the times, moisture/water in ground or leakage in pipes are responsible for damp basement. The level of moisture/water in ground increases and decreases with seasons. It increases in rainy and winter seasons. During winters, because of fog! Here, the challenge is to stop absorption of moisture or water by basement walls and floors.
Solution: One of the effective solutions to stop absorption of water through floors is to call waterproofing expert because it is important to inspect the level of moisture in soil for right and long lasting solution. As far as basement walls are concerned, apply watertite waterproofing paint on exteriors to prevent damp, efflorescence, mildew etc.
Additional Tips and Tricks
- Land Sloping: Land sloping in the direction of your home is the easiest path for water to raise issues. In this case, gravitational force helps water to penetrate into basement walls.
- Basement Windows: It has been noticed various times basement windows are responsible for such problems. Consequently, ensure window sealing during construction. This will prevent rain water to come inside and stop further problem.
- Condensation: Poor ventilation are also responsible for moisture on basement walls. The issue starts playing role when interior’s temperature becomes higher than exterior or vice versa. Use dehumidifier in hot weather. In winters, simply heat the basement. For preventing condensation, you can also insulate water-pipes.
Problem: Nothing is worse than roof leaking when you are enjoying a hot cup of tea, taking an ease-sleep in night etc. It snatches our all peace and ease. A survey says, cracks are responsible for dripping terrace in 90% cases. So how can you prevent cracks on terrace? What special you can do so that cracks can be away from your roof? Here is the answers!
Solution: Actually roof faces sun-heat during days and cold in nights. Due to this temperature variation, cement start cracking over the period of time. Therefore, it is recommended to use elastomeric coating for roofs which is especially made to face temperature variation. You can go for Rust-Oleum 7 Year Elastomeric Roof Coating which offers guaranteed protection for 7 years from rain, weather, mildew and more.
Additional Tips and Tricks
- Chimney, Light Box, and Ventilation: Everybody makes chimney and light box or ventilation box on terrace. Water can from where the verticals of these boxes and horizontal of roof meet. So, you need to ensure proper sealing during the time of construction.
- Terrace Tiles: If you are going to install tiles roof as seen in the below images then again you need to ensure proper sealing. You can use polyurethane sealant to seal the gaps between tiles.
Read More Blogs on Waterproofing