DIY Method to Create the Halloween Candy Bowls
Instead of purchasing expensive ceramic bowls, you can go for DIY methods and can create your own Halloween Candy Bowls. This not only saves money but also gives you immense pleasure while making it customized for your friends and family. All you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps-
Here’s what all you’ll need:
- Drop Cloth
- Painter’s Tape
- Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover 2x Primer
- Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover 2x Real Orange
- Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover 2x Gloss Black
- Keep the area properly ventilated
- To protect from possible overspray, use a drop cloth on your working surface
- Wash the bowls first
- Let it dry thoroughly
Step 1: Place the Stickers on Bowl
After preparing the working surface as well as the surrounding area, now is the time to show your creativity.
First, ensure that bowl is completely dry. Once done, tape the area that you do not want to paint. Now, simply place the stickers around the outside of the bowl in a pattern of your desire choice. You can also use painter’s tape or some other strip to customize the candy bowl.
Step 2: Prime the Bowl
Once done with the stickers or painter’s tape, you will need to prime the candy bowl for providing an additional layer of adhesion on your object. You can use Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover 2x Primer Spray. It is ideal for wood, plastic, metal, etc. Apply two or more light coats with a gap of few minutes between each coat. Let it dry for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Paint the Bowl
Once the primer dries, you can apply the paint on the bowl. Use the Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover 2x in Gloss Black and Real Orange spray paint for this specific project. Take care of the followings:
- Shake the spray-cane vigorously for a minute and make sure that mixing ball begins to rattle.
- In case mixing ball fails to rattle, “Do not strike spray-can. Contact Rust-Oleum."
- Hold the cane upright 10-16” from a surface and spray in a steady back and forth motion.
- Instead of applying one heavy coat, use more light coats over the surface.
- Shake the cane often while spraying.
Step 4: Remove the Stickers and Tape
After the paint dries to touch, you can remove the stickers or the tape from the bowl gently one by one.
Note: Let the candy bowl dry completely for 24 hours before using.