Inexpensive DIY Steps to Convert an Old Car into New One
For individuals running to office, dependent on their monthly salary for rents, insurance, daily expenditure, EMIs, etc., replacing an old car with a new one in every five years, is nothing less than a hard nut to crack. But on the other hand, with the passage of time, the present vehicle also starts demanding some restoration in terms of looks and stylings. But due to the fear of high restoration cost and the charges of the mechanical workshops we often drop our idea of restoring and converting our old car into a new one.
So, to help you in making your old car look new, here we have come up with some inexpensive and simple ways that you can easily follow.
A) Repaint the Exterior Surface
The exterior surface of a car tends to fade and become dull with age, hence, it requires repainting. Though sometimes re-painting the old vehicle might turn out to be expensive, and particularly in the situation when the original color is difficult to obtain, yet it is a far better option than buying a completely new vehicle. Well, the job of painting a car is a full of hassle, but with the aerosol spray-cane, you can make it so easy and enjoyable!! Also, there are so many advantages of aerosol spray cane that you can see in the following section.
- For using Aerosol spray-canes, you do not require any compressor, paint thinner, and other things.
- Very easy to apply.
- Ready to use formula.
- Painting job can be completed in a short period of time.
- Rust-Oleum Automotive Spray Paints are best to use on for their simple DIY technique and of course for their excellent adhesive property and durability on any automotive surface.
B) Headlight Restoration
Despite the fact that clean headlights are essential for safer driving, people often overpass this thing. They use general household products to clean the lights, resulting in foggy headlights. Well, if you are also one of them, it is advised to use the products that are best suitable for your car accessories. But, if your car’s headlights have already get faded or become foggy, you can use “Wipe New Headlight Restoration Kit”, which offers a crystal clearance appearance on such lights. Following are some other advantage of this product.
- Easy-to-use – Just wipe and it is done!
- Makes illumination better
- Apply once and lasts your car’s headlights for years
- Clean lights in just a min
C) Clean or Change the Tires
Since, tires are in constant contact with roads, you must take better care of them and replace them over the time if needed. But, it’s quite hard to predict that exact age of the tires as they rely on various factors such as climate, time, storage, and driver’s habit. Moreover, if your car is standing in the garage or any outside area for a long duration of time there is also a high probability of the tires getting damaged. If you find the tires of your car in a bad condition, replace them immediately.
You can get help from the following to recognize how well your car’s tires are?
- Tires should be replaced once tread depth decreases below 2mm.
- Generally, tire older than five years is suggested to be changed, even if the kilometers traveled are low.
- If you feel the vibration in the steering wheel while driving, you should examine the tires and replaced them with new, if necessary.
- If you see cracks over your tires, they should be inspected thoroughly
- However, the look of the rim can be restored with Rim-Restorer or it can be re-painted with high-performance wheel spray paint.
D) Renovate the Interior
Without renovating the interior, your old car can’t be converted into new one. Over the course of time, it is obvious to get problems with an interior of the cabin in terms of upholsteries, dashboard, floor mats, etc. In such case, the interior of your car might need a detail restoration which includes vacuuming, cleaning, replacing the older seat upholsteries, removing the floor panels and inner door, glove box, rear compartment, boot-lid, etc.
Take care of the following while restoring the interior.
- Get all the trash or items that need to replaced out from the cabin
- Vacuum the cabin to remove dust and dirt
- Remove tough stains by using stain remover
- Do not use harmful product for cleaning the windows
- Clean and wash all the cabin and its features gently
- Let it dry thoroughly
- Use Rust-Oleum Fabric and Vinyl Spray Paint to refresh the interior of your car
By following these four above mentioned steps, you can give a new or refreshed look to your old car. Besides, you can also see some additional automotive care and maintenance tips to customize your car at your convenience.